Graphic %

From: <blackheath1381@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:42:55 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: dsr@w3.org

I ran across a page on SVG while looking for a way to set the space for a
graphic by percent, rather than by pixels. I think SVG is a little
advanced for me. I am still working from Dave Raggett's Intro to HTML,
Advanced HTML, and A Touch of Style (very helpful).

But I have noticed that if I try to put two graphics aligned to the left
and right of a headline, it may look fine on one browser, but another
browser may have fewer horizontal pixels, and the headline may be
squeezed, or may even flow BEHIND the right hand graphic.

So, I wondered if there is language developed which would allow me to set
a left-aligned graphic image to be 15% of the page in width, a
right-aligned graphic to be 15% of the page in width, the vertical
dimension to be proportional, and leave 70% of the page width, centered
between them, for the headline?

Thank you for your consideration.

Charlie Rosenberg
Milwaukee, Wisconsin