Population simulations using SVG animation

From: Philip Rhoades <phil@pricom.com.au>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 01:05:55 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

I have a Ruby script which can generate circles of various diameters,
positions and fill colours (depending on whether there is overlap
with other circles). These circles represent sub-populations and
overlapping circles represents a level of dispersal between

I want to be able to make the populations dynamic (changing for each
generation) which will affect the position and diameter of each circle
ie the sub-pops can be moving, growing & shrinking i.e. the circles are
animated.  This of course may also mean the fill colours would change if
the overlapping of the sub-pops changes.

Could someone direct me to the most sensible way of coding this? - ie
direct me to some code that will animate one circle to begin with (size
and position).

Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Mobile:  +61:(0)411-185-652
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599