svgs in WTK

From: <defytherace@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:00:50 +0530
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi

This is Shubham , we are working on a project where we need to get maps
stored with us in the form of shapefiles on mobiles.

So this is what I did..

1)       First I downloaded the MapViewerSVG..this is a tool given by ESRI
and it works within the "ArcGIS" s/w of ESRI

2)       Then converted my shapefiles to svg format using the above "tool".
The output I got was a folder which contained an svg file an xml file and
some folders which are used to build and render the svg file when I open it
in a browser.

3)       Now the problem is that I want to make use of these svg files we
have converted.i.e. I want to run it on the WTK 2.5..

4)       I tried the SVGdemo project given in the WTK and changed the "res"
folder and put my output folder of step 2 into it.

5)       The code gets built but when i try to run it I get
errors...something related to parsing errors.

So if anybody can help with this I'll be grateful.

:-)