Re: Linking from SVG to XML (URI/Anchor elements problem #)

On Thursday, May 18, 2006, 9:20:55 AM, Johan wrote:

JN> In a SVG I have links leading to several different xml files. In some cases,
JN> I include a URI/Anchor element and when I click that link I expect to be
JN> "scrolled down" to the place in the XML file where I have the specific
JN> anchor element/id.

The XML media type registration does not specify this behaviour, and
indeed does not specifya fragment identifier syntax for XML at all.
However, if the xml file is document-like and is being styled with CSS,
or is being converted to XSL-FO, this behaviour is a reasonable
expectation.

JN> This works without problems while working on a web server. It does, however,
JN> not work when I run the SVG file locally on my computer  (C:/SVG/test.svg).
JN>
JN> Example:
JN> Link in SVG file: <a xlink:href="test.xml#testing">
JN> Destination in XML file: <rubrik id="testing">Heading </rubrik>
JN>
JN> When I click the link locally, I am forwarded to the xml-file, only not
JN> "scrolled down".

In which implementation? Is this in the Citek Gecko-based
implementation, or in another one?

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead