Linking from SVG to XML (URI/Anchor elements problem #)

From: Johan Nilsson <johan.nilsson@citec.se>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:20:55 +0200
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
In a SVG I have links leading to several different xml files. In some cases,
I include a URI/Anchor element and when I click that link I expect to be
"scrolled down" to the place in the XML file where I have the specific
anchor element/id.
This works without problems while working on a web server. It does, however,
not work when I run the SVG file locally on my computer  (C:/SVG/test.svg).
Link in SVG file: <a xlink:href="test.xml#testing">
Destination in XML file: <rubrik id="testing">Heading </rubrik>
When I click the link locally, I am forwarded to the xml-file, only not
"scrolled down". When I look at the path, the "#testing" part is not
included. So, it appears that part is automatically stripped for some
reason. Any idea on how to solve this problem?

Johan Nilsson
Information Engineer
Citec Information AB
Vxj, Sweden