RE: [SVGMobile12] STZLC3-9 listening to document events

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 13:31:40 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Robin,

> There is no "root node" that isn't the Document node...

Well, the "root element" and the "Document" are not the same thing. If you
register for events on:

  document.documentElement

then you are registering on the "html" element (for example), not the
document object.

> ..Document node is an EventTarget, and AFAIK has always been.

Yes, you're right. I looked again at what our problem was, and it was the
same as the one you've come across I think...we wanted to use XML Events to
register handlers as high up the tree as possible, without having to have an
@id on the root element.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck