Re: SVGT 1.2: lack of capture phase for event handling

Hi Maciej,

On Dec 27, 2005, at 07:29, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I recommend either mandating the capture phase, or making it
> optional. Furthermore, if capture remains optional, then for the
> EventTarget methods, I recommend removing the exception even in the
> case where capture is not supported, instead the listener should be
> added but silently ignored since no capture phase occurs.

Capture remains optional, but no longer raises an exception. However,
instead of what you request (added but ignored) we have decided to
silently ignore the attempt to add it (so it's no exception but the
listener is not added) as there doesn't seem to be much value in
having a listener added that will never be triggered.

Thank you for your great review, please let us know shortly if this
does not address your concerns,

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist