Re: SVG12: nav-* properties

* Doug Schepers wrote:
>The SVG WG has discussed navigation mechanisms and syntax with the CSS,
>HTML, WAI, and DI WGs at the Technical Plenary in March, and found common
>ground to move forward. The SVG WG habegun the process toward a further
>liaison to these groups (and now including XForms) with the goal of
>establishing a joint resolution for unified syntax that meets the
>requirements of all of these groups. We have proposed a joint telcon with a
>specific agenda on settling these issues in a timely manner.
>
>In the meantime, the SVG WG believes that it has done due diligence in
>merging the best of all worlds to arrive at its current navigation
>specification, and thus we will go forward with the current draft, pending
>the results of our joint work with the other WGs.
>
>If this does not satisfy your concern, please respond promptly.

While interesting, the progress report certainly does not satisfy me;
twe Working Group agreed twice with me request, if the Working Group
disagrees now, it'll have to provide technically sound rationale for
the decision. If it is unknown whether the Working Group still agrees
due to pending technical work, the Working Group will have to come
back to me some time between completing the technical work and the
request to advance the document to Candidate Recommendation. Without
further information from the Working Group I certainly cannot agree
with the current design for reasons I've already provided in this
thread.