RE: [SVGMobile12] viewBox attribute

From: Scott Hayman <shayman@rim.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:18:43 -0400
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi Anne,

> From: Anne van Kesteren [mailto:annevk@opera.com]

> May I ask where "whitespace" is defined? And do I understand
> it correctly that all of the following (values) are valid:
>
>   * "20, 54, 34 32"
>   * "20
> 54, 588,43"
>
> ... and the following are not:
>
>   * " 32, 23, 23 54" (leading space)
>   * "23, 23, 32, 12," (trailing comma)
>   " "23 23 23 23 " (trailing space)
>   "
> 23 23 23 23" (leading newline)
>
> ... is that really what is intended?

The following EBNF has been added to the spec to define the syntax of
the viewBox attribute:

      viewbox ::=
		wsp* viewboxSpec wsp*
	viewboxSpec ::=
		number comma-wsp number comma-wsp number comma-wsp
number
		| "none"
	number ::=
		sign? integer-constant
		| sign? floating-point-constant
	comma-wsp ::=
		(wsp+ comma? wsp*) | (comma wsp*)
	comma ::=
		","
	integer-constant ::=
		digit-sequence
	floating-point-constant ::=
		fractional-constant exponent?
		| digit-sequence exponent
	fractional-constant ::=
		digit-sequence? "." digit-sequence
		| digit-sequence "."
	exponent ::=
		( "e" | "E" ) sign? digit-sequence
	sign ::=
		"+" | "-"
	digit-sequence ::=
		digit
		| digit digit-sequence
	digit ::=
"9"
	wsp ::=
		(#x20 | #x9 | #xD | #xA)

Please let us know within 2 weeks if this does not address your concern.

Regards,
Scott Hayman
On behalf of the SVG WG