RE: [SVGMobile12] viewBox attribute

From: Scott Hayman <shayman@rim.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:59:24 -0400
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <fora@annevankesteren.nl>, <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi Anne,

> From: Anne van Kesteren

> From
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20051207/coords.html
> #ViewBoxAttribute>
> it is not entirely clear how the "viewBox" attribute value is
> supposed to be parsed. I would also like some wording on what
> should happen when the attribute value does not match that
> definition or a reference to a section that explains that.
>
> That reference or wording can then also be used for what
> should happen when a negative width or height is found in
> some content on the web...

How the "viewbox" attribute should be parsed is specified in the
definition of the viewbox attribute [1].  Attribute values that don't
match what is specified must be treated as unsupported values.  How
unsupported values should be handled is specified in Implementation
Requirements [2].

Please let us know within 2 weeks if this does not address your concern.

Regards,
Scott Hayman
On behalf of the SVG WG
[SVGT12-456]