Re: [SVGMobile12] script element processing

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:18:27 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>> There are a few things unclear from the section on the <svg:script>
>> element.[1]
>>
>> * What should happen when the "type" attribute has an unsupported value
>
> The same as any other unsupported value. So, the script element will not
> execute.

I thought it most cases unsupported values mean falling back to the
default value, which is not what you want here. Could you give a pointer
to where this is specified?

> (This includes the case where the content "looks like" some supported
> language, but the type attribute says it is not).

I hope it does :-)

>> * I think the questions regarding case-sensitivity, leading and trailing
>>   spaces, etc. apply here as well
>
> The case-sensitivity of an Internet Media type should be defined by RFC
> 2046 http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2046.txt

Fair enough, how about the other questions raised?

>> * How exactly do you get the "script" from the <svg:script> element? Are
>>   child elements nodes processed first? When getting to the element
>> itself,
>>   are comments nodes, PIs, Element nodes, dropped, etc? So you only
>> keep the
>>   text nodes for the script language? What happens for XML based
>> scripting
>>   languages?
>
> For types that are not +xml types (and thus, are not processed as XML)
> Changing CDATA sections into Text nodes
> http://www.w3.org/DOM/faq.html#CDTA-text

What if there are Element nodes and such in there? You're not really
answering the question I raised.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>