Re: [SVGMobile12] script element processing

Hello www-svg,

Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
> There are a few things unclear from the section on the <svg:script> element.[1]
>
> * What should happen when the "type" attribute has an unsupported value

The same as any other unsupported value. So, the script element will not
execute.

(This includes the case where the content "looks like" some supported
language, but the type attribute says it is not).

> * I think the questions regarding case-sensitivity, leading and trailing
>   spaces, etc. apply here as well

The case-sensitivity of an Internet Media type should be defined by RFC
2046
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2046.txt

> * How exactly do you get the "script" from the <svg:script> element? Are
>   child elements nodes processed first? When getting to the element itself,
>   are comments nodes, PIs, Element nodes, dropped, etc? So you only keep the
>   text nodes for the script language? What happens for XML based scripting
>   languages?

For types that are not +xml types (and thus, are not processed as XML)
Changing CDATA sections into Text nodes
http://www.w3.org/DOM/faq.html#CDTA-text

For xml-based scripting languages, there is nothing to specially get.

> [1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20051207/script.html#ScriptElement>

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead