Re: Desired behavior of pathLength and startOffset

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:15:21 +0200, Alex Menzies <amenzie@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>         I am having some trouble figuring out the desired behavior for
> text being rendered on a path when both a pathLenght and a startOffset
> are
> specified.  It seems to me that setting pathLength=?2? and
> startOffset=?1?
> should cause the text to be rendered starting at the paths midpoint.  The
> attached SVG script demonstrates these conditions.  I would expect the
> text on the bottom rectangle to be rendered starting at the lower right
> hand corner of the path.  However, under these conditions both the SVG
> plugin by Adobe and the Batik SVG viewer display the text as if the
> pathLength attribute were unspecified.  In the Opera9 Beta the text is
> compressed and all the letters are rendered on top of one another at the
> start of the path.  I would appreciate any insights into the desired
> behavior under these conditions and thank you for your time.
>
> -Alex Menzies

Thank you for your feedback, I will look into this. In the future if you
have Opera-specific bugs please report them at
https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/ (linked from http://bugs.opera.com).

Best regards
/Erik