Re: [SVGMobile12] Text in an area

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:37:00 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Doug Schepers:
> In the case of SVG Tiny 1.2, which only describes text-wrapping to a
> rectangular shape, this is a trivial step of sliding the text down to match
> the bottom edge. For later specifications that might add text-wrapping to
> arbitrary shapes, we may consider a more comprehensive algorithm.

Sure, it is trivial to handle display-align="after" for a rectangle, but
so is handling display-align="center".  It seems inconsitent to specify
the general algorithm to handle arbitrary shapes for
display-align="center" but to omit it for display-align="after".

IMO I don’t see the need for specifying the general algorithm in Tiny
at all, since arbitrary shapes are solely the domain of Full.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/