RE: [SVGMobile12] Text in an area

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 18:13:12 -0400
To: "'Cameron McCormack'" <cam@mcc.id.au>, <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, Cameron-

Thanks for your comment.

Cameron McCormack wrote:

| Doug Schepers:
| > If this does not satisfy your concern, please respond within 2 weeks
| > with further clarification.
|
| This satisfies my concerns raised in that e-mail.  I did realise after
| sending it, though, that there should also be a mention of
| the algorithm
| to use for aligning the text to the after edge of the shape.  The
| algorithm would be similar, but not identical.

In the case of SVG Tiny 1.2, which only describes text-wrapping to a
rectangular shape, this is a trivial step of sliding the text down to match
the bottom edge. For later specifications that might add text-wrapping to
arbitrary shapes, we may consider a more comprehensive algorithm.

We hope this satisfies your concern, but if not, please get back to us soon.

Thanks-
Doug, on behalf of the SVG WG