Re: Effect of 'animateMotion' on transform.animVal

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:44:43 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Chris.

Chris Lilley:
> No. Its a supplemental transform, as you point out, so the animated
> value of the transform attribute itself does not change.

OK thank you for clarifying.

There was another question in my original mail:

Cameron McCormack:
> Perhaps if it doesn't affect the animated transform value it is
> because 'animateMotion' can be applied to elements that don't
> implement SVGTransformable.  In the list of elements that can be
> animated with 'animateMotion', only one of them doesn't implement
> SVGTransformable: 'mask'.  But then, 'mask' doesn't implement
> SVGLocatable either, so I'm not sure what it means to animate its
> motion when it doesn't have a CTM.

Since we’ve established that the animated value of the transform
attribute does not change, it is OK for a ‘mask’ element to be animated.
I still wonder, though: what does it mean for a ‘mask’ element to be
animated with ‘animateMotion’?

Thanks,

Cameron

--