Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Conformance criteria for 14.3.2 SVG fragment identifiers

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 00:27:32 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

Hello www-svg,

Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> Section 14.3.2 SVG fragment identifiers requires that the "document
> defined by the rootmost svg element shall be displayed in the viewport
> using the view specification attributes on the rootmost svg element".
> I have no idea what this means.

This had already been clarified in response to other comments. it now

  If no SVG fragment identifier is provided (e.g, the specified IRI did
  not contain a "#" character, such as someDrawing.svg), then the
  initial view into the SVG document shall be established using the view
  specification attributes (i.e., viewBox, etc.) on the 'svg' element.

> Please clarify the conformance criteria in section 14.3.2 SVG fragment
> identifiers so that they are implementable.

We find that the fragment identifiers are already implementable, but we
hope the the revised text is clearer.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead