Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Conformance criteria for 14.3.2 SVG fragment identifiers

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 00:27:32 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

Hello www-svg,

Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> Section 14.3.2 SVG fragment identifiers requires that the "document
> defined by the rootmost svg element shall be displayed in the viewport
> using the view specification attributes on the rootmost svg element".
>
> I have no idea what this means.

This had already been clarified in response to other comments. it now
states:

  If no SVG fragment identifier is provided (e.g, the specified IRI did
  not contain a "#" character, such as someDrawing.svg), then the
  initial view into the SVG document shall be established using the view
  specification attributes (i.e., viewBox, etc.) on the 'svg' element.

> Please clarify the conformance criteria in section 14.3.2 SVG fragment
> identifiers so that they are implementable.

We find that the fragment identifiers are already implementable, but we
hope the the revised text is clearer.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead