RE: SVG12: attribute/trait "normalization"

Hi Bjoern,

> From: Bjoern Hoehrmann

> * Robin Berjon wrote:
> >this is an answer to your comment found at:
> >  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Jul/0038.html
> >
> >The draft states that "A user agent is allowed to store normalized
> >attribute values internally as described in DOM 3[0]". This entails
> >that implementations are indeed allowed to store values in
> the way most
> >optimal to them and setting an attribute and getting its value back
> >immediately may not produce the same value that was used
> when setting.
> >This will apply not only to SVG Full 1.2 but in fact to any
> >implementation of DOM Level 3 Core. Consequently, we have
> not changed
> >the draft.
>
> This is not satisfactory to me, but as appendix A.2.7 in the
> current draft contradicts the Working Group's decision here,
> it's not clear to me what the Working Group actually decided
> and therefore what I should object to. Please provide a more
> accurate response that formally addresses my original issue.

The contradiction in appendix A.2.7 has been removed.  As Robin states
above, attribute value normalization is optional, which is in line with
DOM Level 3 Core.

Please let us know within 2 weeks if this does not address your concern.

Regards,
Scott Hayman
On behalf of the SVG WG
[SVGT12-266]