RE: SVG12: SVGGlobal::document vs AbstractView

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:56:23 -0400
To: "'Bjoern Hoehrmann'" <derhoermi@gmx.net>, <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, Bjoern-

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

| >Can you state explicitly why you think it should be required?
|
| To ensure that the proposed SVGGlobal interface is not incompatible
| with a future 'Global' interace. If this 'Global' interface provides
| a 'document' member in the same way as http://www.w3.org/TR/Window/
| proposes, they would not be compatible according to the SVG Working
| Group. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Oct/0153.html
| discusses this problem in detail.

We agree that WebAPI's Window Specification may or may not address the
features that are needed for SVG Tiny 1.2. If a referencable document that
addresses our requirements becomes available during SVG Tiny 1.2's CR phase,
we will reference that document instead.

If this does not satisfy your concern, please respond within 2 weeks with
further clarification.

Thanks-
Doug, on behalf of the SVG WG