Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: SVG Tiny 1.2 does not comply to AWWW

Hello www-svg,

Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> The belief asserted in this statement:
>
> # It is believed that this specification is in accordance with the Web
> # Architecture principles as described in Web Architecture [AWWW].
>
> ...is false. AWWW requires that specifications be orthogonal, but the
> presence of incompatible versions of XML Events, DOM Core, and SMIL
> features, as well as the introduction of wholly redundant features such as
> <textArea>, clearly shows that SVG 1.2 does not fulfill this requirement.
>
> Please remove this false assertion.

Thanks for your comment. Other people have given us more specific
feedback about incompatibilities with other specs, and we have resolved
them.

In particular we now refer to the older version of XML Events, not the
forthcoming version (although we have given them feedback about the next
version). We have a proper subset of DOM Core, and we have worked with
SYMM WG to resolve differences (including submitting errata to them).

textArea has ben discussed in other comments.

The WG thus believes that the statement is correct, and as one of the
authors of that specification I concur.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead