Re: [SVGMobile12] requiredFormats attribute description

Hello www-svg,

T Rowley <tor@cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> The format definition for requiredFormats uses MIME types, but specifies
> that these must be categorized (image, video, audio, etc).  This seems
> to be redundant information that can be removed, just leaving the bare
> MIME types.

Originally, having a richer range of values than the IANA top-level
types this was not redundant - for example, testing whether something is
supported as a scripting format, as a a stylesheet, as a font, etc.

However, we have discussed this and decided to remove the
functional notation, using simply a (space separated list of) Internet
Media types.

We hope this responds satisfactorily to your comment, if not please let
us know shortly.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead