Re: SVG12: base IRI for element instances

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:21:48 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

Hello www-svg,

Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote
> In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Dec/0233 I asked that
> no lookup algorithm be specified, but instead the base resource identi-
> fier is defined.

Since your original comment started off by giving examples of
implementations that seem to have misunderstood this aspect, we defined
the base resource identifier and in addition explained the lookup
algorithm, for clarity.

So we have responded to your substantive comment (what is the base,
should xml:base be copied to shadow trees) and reject your
editorial suggestion.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead