Re: SVG12: svg:transform attributes

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:05:56 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

Hello www-svg,

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Chris Lilley wrote:
>>We agree  [...] The svg:transform  attribute

> In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Jul/0081 I
> explained [...] it does not satisfy me.

Since reverting the ill-advised change where we dropped the svg: prefix
- a change made to attempt to address one of your comments - and
following further consultation with implementors and users of this
metadata, all we have done is revert back to the examples that were
already in SVG 1.1.

In addition, we edited the definition of the attribute, in an attempt to
make it more clear to you. It was already, apparently, clear to
implementors.

Your claims that this is new functionality is thus without merit; its
the same semantic and syntax as SVG 1.1.

Having been stable since 2002, implemented in several mapping systems by
multiple implementors and referenced in its original form by JIS X 7199
Geographic information  XML encoding for geospatial data exchange and
by the Geospatial-eXtensible Markup Language, we find that it has had
adequate review and thus that your claim and that it needs more review
is equally without merit.

We are sorry that we are unable to satisfy you, but are reassured that
we seem to have satisfied implementors, users and developers of
specifications that reference this attribute.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG