Re: SVG12: A.7.18 ownerDocument attribute

On Wednesday, July 26, 2006, 7:56:13 PM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> * nandini wrote:
>>> The media type remains unregistered and I am not aware of any effort to
>>> get it registered. It is incorrect to encourage or require use or imple-
>>> mentation of unregistered media types in W3C Technical Reports, yet the
>>> latest draft continues to do exactly that. As this is not acceptable to
>>> me, your response does not address my concern.
>>
>>As I said in my earlier email, we have made a request to SUN to register
>>the "java-archive" media type and internally there is progress within
>>SUN on this issue. I will continue to work within SUN on this.

BH> Unless you are trying to say the SVG Working Group will not issue a Call
BH> for Implementation of unregistered media types, that is irrelevant to my
BH> concern.

There were lots of negatives in that statement, but let me try to tease it out:

Will the SVG WG issue a call for implementations (eg, a CR draft) for the media type used for jar files?

No, it will not. Its not our spec. However, we have encouraged Sun to register it.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG