Re: SVG12: ev:event vs namespaces

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 03:46:18 +0200
To: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>

* Dean Jackson wrote:
>As the previous response said, the ev:event attribute references the
>definition from XML Events, with a limited set of allowed values. All
>events are in the XML Events namespace.

I checked the new definition of the ev:event attribute and found that
the schema declares the content model of the attribute as XML Schema
"Name"; in XML Events it is an XML 1.0 NMTOKEN. I could not find any
discussion of this difference in the specification, so I do not know
whether this is deliberate or an oversight. If deliberate, there needs
to be a discussion of this in the specification.