Re: SVG12: SVGGlobal vs ELI2

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:04:14 +0200
To: Dean Jackson <dino@w3.org>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, www-svg@w3.org

* Dean Jackson wrote:
>I'm not sure how long the error has been there, but it certainly is
>an error. We have updated the specification so that the
>EventListenerInitializer2 interface is not required on any DOM object.

>> Is it the position of the SVG WG that despite this SVGGlobal should
>> still inherit from EventListenerInitializer2?
>
>No.

I once again see no evidence of such changes in the draft, "SVGGlobal"
still inherits from "EventListenerInitializer2" and there is still prose
for that script code must not invoke methods of it. I do not understand
what the response to my original issue and the objections in this thread
is supposed to be now.