RE: SVG12: event base for audio/video/animation elements

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 01:14:56 -0400
To: "'Bjoern Hoehrmann'" <derhoermi@gmx.net>, <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, Björn-

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

| The draft uses "run time", "run-time", and "runtime"
| "synchronization";
| please stick to one form and apply it consistently.

Just to clarify, you're not asking us to change our use of
"synchronization", but only the various spellings of "run-time", correct?  I
will happily do this (I just did the same thing for "white space",
"white-space", and "whitespace" ).  Is there a preferred term? I am inclined
to go with "run time".

| The correct term is
| "event-base element", not "Eventbase-element".

Can you cite your rationale for preferring this variant? SMIL uses many
variations, but the place we reference [1] says, "If the Eventbase-element
term is missing, the event-base element is defined to be the target element
of the animation."

I can see it either way, and would be willing to change it if you can find
documentation by the SYMM WG supporting your claim.

| With these issues fixed, this text addresses my concern.

Great. Looking forward to your further clarification so I can effect these
changes quickly.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20051213/animation.html#animationNS-Inte
gratingSMILAnimCommon