[SVGMobile12] More on the initial viewport

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 23:17:38 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org

I'm looking at the final wording in section 7.2 [1], and it's not clear to me
from this text whether for CSS replaced element purposes the "width" and
"height" attributes of the 'svg' element are to be treated as the intrinsic
width and height.  It's also not clear whether SVG can have an intrinsic aspect
ratio; can it?

Also, what do percentage values for width and height mean, if anything?  It's
not clear from this section how those would determine the initial viewport.

Given these issues, in particular lack of any mention of intrinsic sizing, I am
not satisfied with the resolution to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Jan/0419.html (issue SVGT12-476)
and request that
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-SVGMobile12-20060721/lc3-replies-public.html be