[SVGMobile12] Language for ECMAScript binding is unclear wrt normative criteria

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 03:23:39 +0000 (UTC)
To: www-svg@w3.org

The ECMAScript Language Binding for SVG chapter says it is normative.

However, I couldn't find any normative text in this chapter. It isn't
clear to me what an implementator is supposed to do with this chapter. For
example, take this definition:

   This method returns a(n) Element .  The namespaceURI parameter is of
   type String. The qualifiedName parameter is of type String.

What does it mean to say that the parameter is of type String?

Please clarify what the meaning of the statements in this chapter is. Are
they intended to be normative conformance criteria, or descriptions of
some sort of fact which can be derived through other normative text in the
specification? What does it mean to say that the Node object has a
property called parentNode -- is it replaceable? readonly? enumerable?
What happens if it is set to a string value?