Re: SVG12: uDOM vs DOMImplementation

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:58:23 +0200
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

Dear Björn,

> Well, I have to object to simply add the interface as this
> introduces a
> broad range of issues with respect to how the hasFeature method should
> work for non-SVG specific features; I don't see for which DOM-level
> features the method would return true, if any, for example.

After careful consideration, given that hasFeature is not broadly
used and that introducing it requires further specification work that
may cause compatibility problems with the DOM, the WG has decided to
pull that feature and any mention of it from SVG Tiny 1.2.

Thank you for your careful review, please let us know shortly if this
does not address your concern.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist