Re: SVGT 1.2: uDOM DOMImplementation.hasFeature

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:55:30 +0200
Cc: www-svg@w3c.org
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

Hi Maciej,

On Dec 27, 2005, at 06:49, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> uDOM's DOMImplementation.hasFeature method is specified to accept
> both DOM features and SVG features. The DOM's hasFeature only
> supports DOM features.

Given the general actual usefulness (or lack thereof) of hasFeature
(), as well as the potential pitfalls involved in applying it
properly to SVG, we have decided to simply remove hasFeature() from
SVG Tiny 1.2, thereby making the above problem go away. We hope that
this will address your concern.

Thank you for your review, please let us know shortly if you are
unsatisfied with this answer.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist