RE: [SVGMobile12] more on data types

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:02:25 -0400
To: "'Anne van Kesteren'" <annevk@opera.com>, <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, Anne-

Thanks for your comment.

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

| On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:00:05 +0200, Robin Berjon
| <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
| wrote:
| > It is indeed irrelevant to the parsing, but nevertheless
| relevant to the
| > context. When in XML context it is rather typical to expect case-
| > sensitivity.
|
| So anyway. The reason this was raised is existing
| implementations and
| http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/types.html#DataTy
| peColor
| seems to support what existing implementations do.

We dicussed this further, as promised.  Since we only informatively
reference HTML 4, and have in fact listed the color keywords in our own
spec, we clarified the seeming discrepancy by adding a further restriction
on the color keywords that they must be lowercase.  This should provide a
consistent approach for implementors as regards the rest of our spec.

As I said, even though we decided against making your larger change, the
idea is certainly valid, and we do appreciate your bringing it up.

Please let us know promptly if this does not satisfy your concern.

Thanks-
Doug, on behalf of the SVG WG