RE: [SVGMobile12] Question on handling of <script> with xlink:href and child nodes

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:41:33 -0400
To: "'Boris Zbarsky'" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, Boris-

Thanks for your thorough review of the spec.

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
| Dear SVG Working Group,
| If a <script> element [1] has both an xlink:href attribute
| and child Text nodes,
| what should happen?  Should both scripts run?  Or only one?
| Which one?
| I would much appreciate a clarification of the behavior here,

Based on comments in this thread and on internal discussion, we have added
this sentence to the first paragraph of that section:

"If a script element has both an xlink:href attribute and child character
data, the executable content for the script is retrieved only from the IRI
of the xlink:href attribute, and the child content is not added to the
scripting context."

If this does not satisfy your concern, please let us know right away.

Doug, on behalf of the SVG WG