Re: [svg11] test suite question

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:17:02 -0800
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>

On Jan 30, 2006, at 2:20 PM, Jim Ley wrote:

> "Cameron McCormack" <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au> wrote in message
>> Though I like this sort of sloppy focus in my window manager, I'm not
>> sure of its usefulness in SVG if you've also got the mouseover/
>> mouseout
>> events.
>
> Focus should happen exactly the same way as in the window manager,
> therefore
> it should not be specified in the specification.

No, it should happen in the exact same way as in apps. While some X11
window managers offer focus-follows-mouse, I don't know of any
application or toolkit on any platform that uses this policy for,
say, the text fields in a window. This would be extremely awkward
since you would have to keep your mouse pointer over a text field
while you type.

Regards,
Maciej