Re: [svg11] test suite question

"Cameron McCormack" <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au> wrote in message
news:20060130215907.GA6284@port.mcc.id.au...
> Though I like this sort of sloppy focus in my window manager, I'm not
> sure of its usefulness in SVG if you've also got the mouseover/mouseout
> events.

Focus should happen exactly the same way as in the window manager, therefore
it should not be specified in the specification.  Forcing individuals to
have different behaviour in different situations reduces consistency and
makes pages less accessible than they would otherwise be.

This does indeed mean that if you have click to focus window level situation
then a click-to-focus SHOULD be implemented in your SVG UA (of course this
will not always be possible, some implementations don't have the information
or prefer consistent behaviour on different platforms) So I do not feel this
is something that can be specified in the specification.

Cheers,

Jim.