Re: [SVGMobile12][SVGT12-425]: Please extend the Last Call period

On Jan 12, 2006, at 8:50 AM, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> the SVG WG continuously works on addressing the comments. I did not
> say that there aren't any open serious problems, but we will try to
> do our best to address the most serious ones until the spec moves
> from LC to CR.
>
> There is also this chicken and egg problem that many implementors
> don't start implementing a spec until it is in CR and on the other
> hand the WG is dependent on specific feedback by implementors.
> Implementors will certainly find mistakes and problems while
> implementing the spec that the spec creators and people only
> reading the spec won't easily find.

In Safari/WebKit we are currently implementing SVG and we're trying
to feed that implementation experience into comments, even though
we're not currently specifically targetting SVG Tiny 1.2. We might
change to target Tiny 1.2 if it improves to be more suitable for
browser-hosted implementation in combination with HTML. I looked at
Full 1.1 and it's pretty darn huge.

Cheers,
Maciej