[SVGMobile12] listener element

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:21:04 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

In
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20051207/script.html#ListenerElement>
it seems that the <listener> element from XML Events is redefined. Changes I
noted include:

* SVG Core Attributes are added
  (<ref name='svg.Core.attr'/>)
* "id" attribute is dropped
* "event" is redefined in a compatible way
* "observer" is redefined in an incompatible way
* "target" is redefined in an incompatible way
* "handler" is redefined in an incompatible way
* "phase" is redefined in some way

It is not clear how user agents can make these changes while still claiming
conformance to XML Events and not breaking existing content. It is also unclear
to me if the "capture" phase may be supported by UAs, but is not mandated by SVG
1.2 Tiny or that UAs _must_ not support it, etc.

Please change the draft so that it no longer conflicts with XML Events and a UA
can implement both SVG 1.2 Tiny and XML Events.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>