RE: SVGT 1.2: !important is an error

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:54:34 +0100
To: doug.schepers@vectoreal.com
Cc: 'Ola Andersson' <Ola.Andersson@ikivo.com>, www-svg@w3.org, eseidel@apple.com

Quoting Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>:
> In this particular issue, "!important" in a presentation attribute is also
> meaningless, since the CSS and SVG WGs have defined presentation attributes
> to have a computed specificity of zero.

Well, the potential interop problem is what worries me. Not really if it is a
useful thing to do. Exactly such parsing differences are abused over and over
again for "browser specific hacks" in the "CSS world". Not a pretty sight and
quite a large problem for future releases. See IE7.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>