Re: SVGT 1.2: !important is an error

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:51:55 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Quoting Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>:
> Sure for the style attribute and the such, but not that I know of for
>  attribute values. It wouldn't gain us much in Tiny where CSS isn't
> mandated by the spec.

I thought that for attribute values the SVG specification also used to
refer to
CSS. See for example 'color' in SVG 1.1[1]. Given that there are still
implementors trying to implement SVG 1.1 (or some subset) but with the new
clarifications of SVG 1.2 or build SVG 1.2 on top of their SVG 1.1
implementation I think there might be some issues... However, I might be
missing something.

[1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/color.html#ColorProperty>

--
Anne van Kesteren