Re: broken links

Hi Jeff,

but this is the idea of www.svgi.org. Everyone can register and can make
the modifications themselves.

The out-of-dateness probably results in the fact that www.svgi.org was
once in beta but later never fully announced, so people did not have the
need to properly fill in the data.

Once it is announced, I am pretty sure, that the content will be more
up-to-date.

The fact that one needs to register in order to make changes make sense
in my opinion. Otherwise people could too easily change content of
competing products.

Andreas

Jeff Schiller wrote:

>Michael Bolger said:
>

>>Andrew Cates wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/SVG-Implementations
>>>

>>Peter Schonefeld and I are working toward added features,
>>including syndication and "press release" related services for
>>http://www.svgi.org in the hopes of contributing to developing
>>to a future"official" Implementations page, wherever it may be.
>>
>>Thank You
>>Michael Bolger
>>http://www.svgx.org
>>

>No offense Michael, but your page is at least 3 months out of date
>(still lists only Firefox 1.5 Beta), fails to mention Opera (8.x or 9
>TP1) or KSVG/KSVG2, mentions Renesis which is still not even available
>in Alpha form, etc.
>
>I don't think anyone will be able to keep up with this list in today's
>fast-paced web world unless this list is maintained at a public Wiki
>where any user can contribute and maintain the list.  Wikipedia.org
>has some good pages on SVG support in desktop browsers, but I feel the
>ultimate source should be svg.org's wiki now located at
>http://svg-whiz.com/wiki/index.php (which itself may be out-of-date).
>
>Of course I'm sure there are politics involved here as everyone wants
>a piece of the web traffic, I guess ;)
>
>Sorry to diverge this so far from discussions of the SVG specification.
>
>Regards,
>Jeff

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/