Re: Request For Feedback: Traits

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:25:32 +0100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>

On Jan 04, 2006, at 07:40, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> One problem with the typing though is that I'm not sure how an IDL
> sequence<octect> (used by ConnectionEvent.receivedData,
> Connection.send,
> SVGGlobal.binaryToString and SVGGlobal.stringToBinary) maps to an
> ECMAScript type.

It maps to an Array of Numbers. It's not ideal but it does the trick.
This would normally be made clear from the binding appendices, but
alas they never seem to make it into the public spec even though
they've been in all internal drafts for over six months :(

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist