Re: New JSR 287 to Bring SVG Tiny 1.2 Support to the Java ME Platform

* Antoine Quint wrote:
>For the people who might not read SVG.org, I posted a pretty exciting
>piece of news showing the traction SVGT 1.2 is already gaining in the
>mobile circles. The JCP, who already standardized a set of APIs on
>top of SVGT 1.1 (JSR 226), is doing it again with JSR 287, building
>scalable graphics and multimedia APIs for the Java Micro Edition
>platform on top of SVGT 1.2. As for JSR 226, Nokia is at the
>forefront of this effort. More info on the SVG.org news item at:
>
>http://svg.org/story/2006/1/3/133929/2387

In http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=287 we have

  2. Support for select SVG Mobile 1.2 features

     SVG Mobile 1.2 is the next-generation profile for scalable vector
     graphics. It brings a substantial set of compelling features such
     as support for opacity, gradients, advanced text rendering, and
     embedded multimedia (audio, video). The features to be included
     from the SVG Mobile 1.2 specification must be carefully chosen not
     to compromise the important requirements for this JSR such as high
     performance and low implementation footprint, especially for the
     low-end mass market devices.

Why are these organizations thinking about subsetting SVG Tiny 1.2?
Isn't that somehow bad for interoperability?