Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Conformance to uDOM

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:10:37 -0600
To: www-svg@w3.org, ian@hixie.ch

Ian Hickson wrote:

> In addition, please make it clear that implementations that include full
> DOM Level 3 Core and DOM Level 2 Style implementations do not have to
> implement the "trait" APIs, since they are redundant with the
> aforementioned specs.

It's likely that I'm not understanding you correctly, but don't the
trait APIs provide significant advantage over the aforementioned
specs?  Specifically dealing with "native" data types and computed
values instead of strings that require additional
processing/computation?

I, for one, am looking forward to implementations of the "trait" APIs
but I may be ignorant of existing specficiations out there.

Thanks,
Jeff