Events problem in SVG

From: philip zuniga <philip_zuniga@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 02:35:14 -0800 (PST)
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hello I am currently creating a java software that has
2 JSVG canvasses in it. Each JSVG canvas loads a
different svg file. I started by using 2 simple SVG
files. The first file is consist of one circle while
the other file is ionly consisted of 1 rectangle. I am
using Java as the event handler of the SVG. This is
what I want to do, when I click on the circle, then
the rectangle in the other file should turn blue (it
is orignally red)...

This is what I did, inside the event handler of the
first SVG file, I placed changed the "fill" attribute
of the rectangle in the other file,

But the color of the rectangle doesn't change
instantaneously, I have to place the mouse over the
other SVG file, so that the color of its rectangle
changes...

what do you think am I doing wrong.

Thanks a lot