Re: SVGT 1.2: <use> and <foreignObject>

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:31:14 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Jon.

Jon Ferraiolo:
> Check out
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/linking.html#externalReferences
>
> Documents that are referenced via an svg:animation element are "primary
> documents" which have their own separate document instances. Therefore,
> the two versions of anim.svg in your example before have independent
> document object models.

Ah, sorry, I overlooked that section that said that they are primary
documents.  Perhaps then I can change my question to be regarding actual
resource documents (e.g., referenced from 'use' elements).  Can the UA
discard them when they are no longer referenced or must it keep them
around?  Despite the memory issues, this will make a difference if the
referenced elements are modified, unreferenced, then referenced again.

Thanks,

Cameron

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au