Re: [SVGMobile12] Question on handling of <script> with xlink:href and child nodes

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:41:48 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

* Robin Berjon wrote:
>Here's a strawman:
>
>  - for scripting languages that do not match an XML media type, pass
>the textContent. If people do stuff like alert("<bar>foo</bar>") they
>may get unexpected results, but if they're using a text based syntax
>in the first place they should be using CDATA sections.

Conceptually the only reasonable behavior would be to clone the subtree,
remove all element children, and use the textContent of the subtree.
This is consistent with what the specification already says on elements
in foreign namespaces, with what numeruos implementations do, and what
you would except, e.g. in

  <script>
    <x:purpose>...</x:purpose>
    <svg:desc>...</svg:desc>
  </script>

or

  <script>
    <xhtml:noscript>...</xhtml:noscript>
  </script>

Indeed, I was under the impression the Working Group already resolved to
allow svg:desc, svg:title, etc. in <script>, but without a schema who
knows...