RE: [SVGMobile12] Question on handling of <script> with xlink:href and child nodes

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:58:52 -0500
To: "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, Ian-

Thanks for the response.

Ian Hickson wrote:

| > | children is in
| > |
| > | It can't be in error, there might be XML based script languages.
| >
| > Good catch, Jim. Does wording need to be put in the spec to
| cover this
| > eventuality?
|
| The W3C already has at least one XML-based scripting language
| in REC, and
| has recently published a WD for another XML-based scripting
| language, so
| I'd say yes.
|
| XForms Actions:
|    http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice10.html
|
| REX:
|    http://www.w3.org/TR/rex/

Very good examples, Ian, and I suspect more XML scripting languages are on
the way. My only question is whether these would need to be contained within
a script block, or only properly namespaced (and accessed in a UA that
implements them)? I would be happy to raise this as a topic for discussion
with the SVG WG, if the public consensus is that they need to be (or can be)
executable children of a script element.

Regards-
Doug

doug.schepers@vectoreal.com
www.vectoreal.com ...for scalable solutions.