Re: [SVGMobile12] Question on handling of <script> with xlink:href and child nodes

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:30:53 +0100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>

On Feb 15, 2006, at 16:16, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> I think just stating explicitly, at the end of paragraph 1 of
> section 15.2:
>
>   "If a script element has both an xlink:href attribute and child
>    character data, the xlink:href attribute takes precedence and the
>    executable content for the script is retrieved from that URI."
>
> or something would satisfy me.

I thought the spec said that already, if not it certainly should.

> By the way, I assume that a <script> element with non-text children
> is in error, right?  Should UAs still process the text children as
> a script (as they do in HTML), or should they do nothing, or should
> they go into an error state?

I believe that the resolution from the Sydney f2f is that if the
media type of the script indicates XML (text/xml, application/xml, .*
+xml$) then elements are fine, otherwise they are ignored and the
textContent is taken into account.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist