Re: SVGT 1.2: "evt" vs "event" as the implicit event argument to event handlers

On Apr 24, 2006, at 23:18, Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Monday, April 24, 2006, 11:05:47 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> JW> Well, that's what the "evt" vs. "event" issue is about - the
> name in the calling
> JW> scope, no?
>
> In which case, why does it need to be standardized?

What needs to be defined is not the name of the parameter for
handleEvent, you could have handleEvent: function (foo) {...} and
it'll work just fine. What we do need is the name of the variable
that's automatically made available to you inside <handler> and event
attributes (since you can't define it yourself).

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist