RE: SVGT 1.2: XML events vs. handler attributes

From: Andrew Emmons <aemmons@opentext.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:46:51 -0400
To: "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>, <www-svg@w3.org>
Cc: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>

*Chris Lilley wrote:

> So far the implementor feedback is that this is not very much boat;
and
> its going to help a lot down the line. Having to rev n specifications
> every time one of them adds a new event is a royal pain.

[AE] We have found the implementation in our BitFlash player to be very
limited in complexity - in fact it eliminated a static table as well as
many attributes. Without actually having compared map files, my initial
feeling is that our footprint is the same, if not a little smaller, with
the XML events.

Andrew

Andrew Emmons
Software Architect
SVGT Player
Open Text Corporation, BitFlash Division
Web: www.bitflash.com